Safety and Security
Hospitalization can be a stressful event for family and visitors. The goal
of health care providers is to offer support, guidance and compassion
during crisis, reduce anxiety, and answer any questions regarding their
concerns. Redlands Community Hospital Security staff is here to ensure
patients and visitors have a safe stay.
In order to provide high quality, compassionate and safe care, we must
be able to work together with you, in a professional and respectful manner.
Also to help assure your safety and the safety of others the following
behaviors will not be tolerated by patients or visitors:
- Unauthorized smoking, possession of illegal substances or weapons, the
use of medications or substances that are not prescribed by the treating
- Unwelcome or inappropriate physical contact.
- Using foul language, racial and ethnic slurs, sexual comments or innuendos
or other inappropriate language.
- Displaying anger inappropriately, including throwing objects.
- Threats of physical assault or physical assault by patients, family or
visitors to the nursing staff, physicians and/or other patients.
- Acting in a manner which could adversely affect the healthcare team or
impede its ability to deliver quality patient care.
Redlands Community Hospital is situated in a residential area while crime
in our community is not high; we are not immune to isolated incidents
of theft and vandalism. Please do not leave your vehicle unlocked, or
leave items visible to those that may pass by. Security is available to
escort you to your vehicle. Please call the operator by dialing 0 and
request for a Security escort. We hope your stay in our hospital is as
pleasant as possible.